A Team You Trust. The Results You Deserve.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Construction & Workplace Accidents
  6.  » Third-Party Claims Construction Accidents

What Is A Third-Party Construction Accident Claim?

A third-party claim does happen after a workplace accident, but it is not a workers’ comp claim. Instead, the injured party sues someone else for their negligence. An example of this could be suing a general contractor for setting up a hazardous construction site. Another example could be suing a heavy machinery manufacturer if the machinery itself was defective and led directly to the injuries.

Here at Ori Law Group, we can help you navigate this complex process. We have more than 75 years of combined experience, and our attorneys have recovered over $150 million for our clients. We pride ourselves on personalized service, giving each client the attention they deserve. We also focus on knowledge and education, happily answering any questions you may have about the process.

Does A Third-Party Claim Negate Workers’ Comp?

Filing a third-party claim does not interfere with your right to workers’ compensation. It merely gives you another avenue to seek compensation because someone other than your employer was responsible for your injuries. This responsible party could be a driver, a general contractor, an equipment supplier, a manufacturer or someone else entirely. Even if workers’ comp benefits are helping to cover a portion of your wages and some of your medical bills, you may still be able to seek additional compensation from this responsible party.

What type of compensation could you obtain? You may have lost wages or a lost earning capacity. You could see current and future medical expenses, especially for serious injuries. You may suffer from a lasting disability or disfigurement, and you likely endured pain or suffering as a result of the injury. These are just a few examples of areas where you may deserve compensation.

Call Today To Set Up Your Consultation

If you’d like to speak to a lawyer and learn more about your legal options, call 312-985-0299 or email us today to schedule.