Dangerous Goods, Dangerous Places, And You
Product safety laws were designed to ensure consumer safety, but defective manufacturing, design flaws and failures to include the appropriate safety warnings are common. Premise liability laws aim to hold property owners, shopkeepers, and landlords accountable for permitting dangerous conditions to exist on their property and causing injuries to their customers and guests.
At [NAP_NAMES ID=“FIRM-NAME-1”], we believe that negligent entities, whether private property owners or big corporations, need to be held responsible for their mistakes. Our Chicago product and premises liability attorneys are dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to our injured clients. We are here to help you navigate the complex legal landscape and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Product Liability Laws In Illinois
Product designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers may all be liable for putting dangerous, defective consumer goods on the market. Our attorneys have the experience needed to handle cases involving:
- Bad designs that make a product inherently unsafe.
- Faulty manufacturing due to assembly mistakes or poor-quality materials.
- Inadequate warnings or instructions on a product that would minimize danger.
- Injuries caused by products that were recalled over safety concerns.
We thoroughly investigate every case to identify all liable parties and build a strong foundation for your claim.
How To Recognize A Premises Liability Claim
Any injury that occurs on someone else’s property may potentially warrant a premises liability claim, whether that was at a retail store, a restaurant, an office building, public property or someone’s private residence. Premises liability claims can arise from such diverse issues as:
- Slip-and-fall accidents due to wet or slippery floors, uneven flooring, torn carpets or poorly maintained parking lots.
- Inadequate lighting that contributes to falls on stairwells and increases the chance of a parking lot injury.
- The failure to address known security risks in high-crime areas, hotels, entertainment venues and apartment complexes.
- Construction zones that lack proper safety barriers or the failure to comply with local building codes and regulations.
Whatever the situation, we will aggressively represent your interests, negotiate with the insurance companies and, if necessary, litigate on your behalf.
Let Our Product And Premise Liability Lawyers Protect Your Interests
At [NAP_NAMES ID=“FIRM-NAME-1”], our clients come first. Our personal injury attorneys offer big firm results with a boutique firm experience. We’ve recovered more than $150 million in damages for our clients, and you’re never just a case number with our firm. Talk to us about the circumstances of your injury and let us fight for the compensation you are rightfully due.
Contact [NAP_NAMES ID=“FIRM-NAME-1”] today by scheduling a free consultation online or by calling [NAP_PHONE ID=“LOCAL-CT-NUMBER-1”] to speak with an experienced Chicago-area attorney today.