Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers In Chicago
When you decided upon a nursing home for a member of your family, you may have given little thought to the possibility of abuse. You decided to trust that the facility would treat your family member with care and compassion. However, that is not always the case in long-term care facilities. It is an unfortunate fact that nursing home staff and others with access to residents are sometimes negligent or cause them deliberate harm that amounts to emotional, physical, sexual, and even financial abuse.
If you believe your loved one has suffered abuse in any of these ways, it is important that you bring it to the attention of the facility’s administrators. If you do get satisfaction from them, we strongly advise that you consult with a lawyer at Ori Law Group. Our lawyers benefit clients thanks to more than seven combined decades of legal experience. We work vigorously to hold wrongdoers accountable whose acts of omission or commission harm others. We can help you bring a viable claim or lawsuit seeking compensation for your loved one’s injuries and losses.
Do you suspect harm was done to your loved one in a long-term care facility? Discuss your options with a Chicago nursing home negligence lawyer in a free consultation. Contact Ori Law Group at 312-985-0299.
Examples Of Nursing Negligence And Abuse
Nursing home abuse and negligence can occur in numerous ways by both staff and other residents. Scenarios indicating abuse may include the following::
- Unexplained injuries may include bruises, lacerations, sprains, fractures and skin tears caused by falls or physical abuse from staff or other residents.
- Emotional distress in a resident is evident when they have become depressed, withdrawn, agitated, fearful or uncommunicative, especially in the presence of the person who may have abused them.
- Fast and unexplained weight loss may be the result of abuse or negligence by staff who fail to ensure the resident takes proper meals.
- Malnutrition and dehydration can come about through willful negligence or improper supervision by staff.
- Bed sores, called decubitus ulcers, develop when a resident’s position is not shifted or moved often enough.
- Infections occur through unsanitary conditions or actions by staff, such as when dealing with breathing tubes, giving injections or administering other treatments.
- Medication errors can involve overmedicating residents to control them or providing wrong or incorrect doses of medications.
- Using physical restraints to keep residents under control can traumatize a resident.
- Sexual assault may occur through interactions with staff, visitors or fellow residents.
- Bullying, ridicule and humiliation amounting to verbal abuse is a form of assault on the well-being of a resident.
- Financial abuse sometimes happens when staff members or others take control of a resident’s finances. Caregivers and others may persuade or coerce a resident into making changes to accounts, wills and other assets or commit hands-on theft of personal items.
One past client of Ori Law Group gave the following assessment of our work: “Excellent service.” – Laure J. See other reviews for more examples of clients’ impressions.
Representing The Injured In Chicago, Illinois
Ori Law Group can analyze the circumstances of your injury to determine your options and represent you in any valid personal injury claim seeking compensation for your medical expenses, wage losses, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us via our online form or call us at 312-985-0299 today.